2021 BCCOC Scholarship Application - High School Seniors
The Botetourt County Chamber of Commerce recognizes both the importance of post‐secondary education and training for the future workforce and the great expense that can be incurred in acquiring the skills necessary for success.
In support of our workforce of tomorrow, each year the Chamber awards three scholarships to graduating seniors: one each at James River and Lord Botetourt high schools and at the Botetourt Technical Education Center.
Recipients are recognized for their commitment to further their education, focus on specific career goals and involvement in the community. Each will receive a $1,000 scholarship (paid directly to postsecondary institution at beginning of school year).
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be graduating from James River High School, Lord Botetourt High School or Botetourt Technical Education Center in the Spring of 2021.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5, as computed by school board policy through the first semester of the graduation year.
- Have participated in school and community activities.
- Be recommended by two adults who can speak of the applicant's character and dedication.
- Be accepted by and planning to attend an accredited college, university, or postsecondary institution immediately after graduation to further his or her career goals.
- Application for Scholarship
- Current transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation (one teacher and one outside the school).
- Recommendations should not be from family or a member of the Scholarship Committee.
Best regards, The Botetourt Chamber Scholarship Committee